Thursday 20 February 2014

OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil To Go

All this cold weather is really playing havoc with my nails. They have become fragile and flakey, and my cuticles are dry and rough. 

For years I have used Nails Inc's cuticle oil which comes in a cute silver pen. It smells good, is easy to apply and seems to work pretty well. But I've just become bored with it, so while in Boots yesterday sorting out my tights issue (I got dressed in the dark that morning and put on blue tights with a brown skirt.. Looked just a bit odd in broad daylight!) I had a look at some cuticle oils.

OPI caught my eye right away. I have loved their nail polishes ever since I had a manicure that lasted for well over a week without chipping (that never happens to me, ever). So I decided to get their Avoplex Cuticle Oil To Go. 

It has a gel like texture, much more solid than the Nails Inc one, which comes out onto a small brush.
The smell is divine - like watermelon - but it's not so strong that its all you can smell. It rubs in ok and sinks in quickly. The short term effects are good, my cuticles are looking instantly better. The longer term effects are yet to be seen - i'll keep you updated! 

Xx Alice xX

No comments:

Post a Comment