Friday 7 March 2014

Deborah Lippmann - Girls

My super amazing Selfridges buy is at last being revealed..... That's right, it's the Girls special edition varnishes by Deborah Lippmann!

Now I've been so excited to try these since I first saw them advertised, and the colours all seem to be something I'd like to wear (don't you hate buying a pack and having one you really would never touch but don't feel like you can just throw it away?!) 


The box is really cute and I like the shape of the bottles too. I decided to try Jessa, which is the red one, as I haven't worn red in a while and it looks so gorgeously vampy. 


But I have to say I feel slightly disappointed. The application is not great - the consistency seems very thin and watery, so that the layers go on quite streaky. It took 3/4 layers to get it looking even. I don't know if this is normal for Deborah Lippmann polishes but I don't really like that personally. The thinness also meant it bled into my cuticles on almost every nail which is annoying. 

On the positive side, it dried amazingly fast so you don't have to hang around long between coats. I like the colour - it's exactly how I thought it would look from the bottle. 

Sadly I wasn't as wowed as I had hoped. Maybe when I try a lighter colour it will work out better for me.

Have a great weekend!

Xx Alice xX

No comments:

Post a Comment