Tuesday 18 March 2014

& Other Stories - Cleanse and tone treat, Gauzy night cream

I said I went a bit mad in & Other Stories, so here's part II of what I bought..

I've been looking for a new cleanser for a while, having reached the end of my Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean cleanser. I really liked the S&G one - the smell is divine and it was nice and creamy for the cold weather, without being too greasy on my combination skin. However I wanted to try a new brand, so naturally when I saw the range at & Other Stories I had to get some.

I chose the Cleanse and Tone Treat, which at £5 seemed a little too good to be true. You need to put it on a cotton pad and wipe it over your face - I always rinse after as it doesn't feel like cleansing without water! The effect is good - my skin feels fresh, and it smells really nice. However don't believe the claims that it takes off makeup - or rather it does, but only after 4-5 wipes! So I use Bioderma or an oil to remove makeup first and then use the cleanser. 

The other skincare product I bought was Gauzy night cream, as again I have reached the end of my Nivea night cream and wanted to branch out. This is really nice, quite thick but not greasy with a light, pleasant fragrance. 

The whole range are travel/gym bag sizes, which is good too as I'm trying to get myself in the gym a bit more. I would definitely buy more in the & Other Stories range - although quite cheap they don't feel or look it. The primer in particular looks appealing.. 

Xx Alice xX

No comments:

Post a Comment